Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Picture

I tried my best to get a decent picture of the one I described in the post I wrote this morning.
I don't know why but every time I try to add it to the post from this morning, the video from YouTube won't work.
Ahhh, just one of the joys of blogging when you don't really know how to use a computer.
So, here's the picture that I talked about in my previous post. Please read the other post to get the story.


I had to call my mom to find out what year this was taken.

This picture waas in the National Geographic in July 1954. My mom is the little girl in the red sweater. Everyone who sees this picture hanging on my wall always asks if these people just showed up to pose for this picture and are always amazed to find out that this was the atmosphere of the store everyday, not just for the picture.

Hope you all like it.

3 comments:

Savvy-Motherhood said...

I have an award for you on my blog. go see!

Unknown said...

I am a sucker for the story behind a picture, THANKS!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

Denver Refashionista said...

I do like it.