Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blahhh

The title really says it all. For the past three days I have been..well... blahhhhhh.
This is what infuriates me about this disease. Exactly one week ago (well, one week and a day..ok it was Halloween for crying out loud people!) I was hitting school parties and then that night the hubs and I took all three of them trick-or-treating and I was the one that the kids had to say "Mommmm, it's time to goooo!"
Then exactly one week ago (and yes I do mean exactly one week, wait..today is Saturday right?) I was baking a cake and getting ready for a date with a hot guy for our 9th anniversary. We went to dinner and talked and it was all wonderful.
And this week?

Blahhh...

I seem to be starting another flare up. My speech is slurred and I stutter a lot and I'm exhausted and my balance is way off (and by way off, I mean that when I think I'm standing up, I'm actually not). I've basically slept for the last three days straight. Luckily, the wee man is a great napper and stayed right beside me. And now the hubs and my mom are here for reinforcements.

I just hate being like this. The hubs keeps doing the laundry (which is really a wonderful thing or we would all be naked) but then he dumps the baskets out into a chair in the living room/our temporary bedroom and it becomes the Mountain of Doom. It's my Mt. Everest if you will.

I know that I'm lucky that he even does the laundry but would it kill him to fold something now and then?
Oh, right, "Real men never fold laundry!"
So, here I am, stuck in bed, feeling like crap, and Mt. Everest is slowly growing up in front of me.

Imagine this but made out of laundry. Oh, and without the snow of course.
What to do..what to do...
For now, I think I will just pull the covers up over my eyes and go back to sleep. Everest will always be there when I wake up I'm sure.

12 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

LOL, I am following you BECAUSE yu walk into walls, makes my hit softer! (Eat more cookies) Husbands (I'm TOLD) must be trained like dogs. Good luck with that.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Hey, Tracy!

Great blog...thanks for slapping me to add you to the mountain o' MS bloggers on "the list". I'm going to do that now (or soon, or as quickly as I can, or...OK NOW! Because I'll forget otherwise...sigh)

Linda D. in Seattle

Chrystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrystal said...

Okay I don't know how to give awards, so I choose not to give you one! I'm giving the Chrystal's Gold Star to your HUSBAND. ps, can I borrow him for a week?

Denver Refashionista said...

I hope you feel better soon. The Cheese was right, you are hilarious.

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the Brain Cheese blog. I am so happy that I have found you. I am sorry that you are feeling bad. I wish I could come over and fold your clothes. I hope you feel better soon and thanks for making me laugh.
Have a groovy week!
Shaun
www.roomswithaview.typepad.com

Shaun said...

Sorry, I sent my comment on my son Mitchell's account. I am Shaun. So, the comment from Mitchell is actually from me.

Weeble Girl said...

I also found you via Brain's blog and linked you to mine. Hope that's okay.

I'm a fellow female MSer (sounds weird, huh?) with a blog @ http://messystuffalifewithms.blogpsot.com or something like that. I always forget it. Hope it's okay I put you on my list, too.

Sorry about the laundry. If I could help with it, I would.

Hugs,
Weebs

@whiskey.xray.yoga.zulu said...

I also found you thru CHEESE and was thrilled to find so much in common in one post!

My kids ran out of steam for trick-or-treating before me even though I was walking like Quasimoto after a keg stand.

My husband also washes but does not fold laundry. He also cooks, making sure to use every pot and dish in the house, but doesn't do dishes. so my Mt Everest is in the sink.

I'm gonna add you to my regular reads. Thanks for the giggles.

Webster said...

I, too, found you via the BRAIN, and if I may be so bold I have a suggestion: Fold only Your clothes and those of the children who physically cannot do it themselves. Coach, if necessary, the older kids in the preferred folding techniques, and leave Hubs' clothes where he dumped them.

If he questions you, feign a muscle spasm.

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

I currently have the Mt Everest of Laundry in my bedroom. I think I am going to have to accept it as a semi-permanent part of my life until Can get my hubby trained. For now, I am working on toilet training my son and I can only handle training one male on something at a time, so hubby will just have to wait.

Unknown said...

OMG, I am seriously loving your blog. It is like you are writing about my life. My hubby has had to take over the laundry and since I have been ill I can probably say not one of the closets have been used. We live out of mounds of clothes or basket of clothes. It is a mess and laundry doesn't get done until one of us realizes uh we don't have a towel to take a shower, or I am out of underwear. itis bad.