Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It Appears That I've Been Brought Out Of Hiding

I don't usually get a lot of comments on this blog (although who am I kidding? I don't get more than 11 a day on my other blog either!) so imagine my surprise when I signed on to this one last night and saw that I had, like 10 comments for my last post! I just figured that maybe all of my blog buddies followed me over here and started commenting here too but to my even more surprise, all of the comments were from people that were new!
So, for all you new people visiting the zoo, I'd like to say


Welcome and Thanks For Comin'! Feel Free To Take Your Coat Off And Stay A While! But Don't Plan on Stayin' Too Long Cause' You Might Mess Up My Nap Time!


I've actually been stalking a lot of your all's blogs lately but I haven't been leaving a lot of comments out there in the blogosphere. I'm still new to this whole MS thing and I didn't want to intrude.

But today, when I went stalking, I found that Brain Cheese did a whole post on me and she welcomed me "Onto The Short Bus" (which for some reason cracks me up every time I hear or read that!).

I might have left a teeny tiny little comment about wanting my MS blog put on her blog roll but I totally wasn't expecting all of this! She even did a blog review, which she says she never does because she doesn't want anyone to review her blog.


So, as you can tell, I was feeling pretty happy. My ego was a little puffed up. Tracy was now welcomed onto the short bus. Rock on!

Then I read in the Brain Cheese Comments that one Miss Lisa Emrich wrote this:

" I was planning on announcing/welcoming Tracy tomorrow...but now.... well, humphf... I'll have to find something else"


What? Is there an almost fight going on over me? People, people, listen to me, there's totally enough Tracy to go around! Lisa, don't you go finding something else! Announce me anways! And as I said to you in my reply comment, if you need me to act all surprised, I totally can do that!


I started a blog list and have put some of the ones who commented up there. I'm almost certain that I missed some of you. Please don't take that personally, as I tend to have the attention span of a gnat most days (Ahh, the joys of MS). Plus, I kind of got sleepy and there was this whole thing with a chicken following me around but that's a story for another day. The point is, if I missed you or I didn't miss you and you just want your blog up there, leave me a comment!

And, seriously, thanks for the welcome. I'm still not exactly sure how I got to be on the short bus. I don't know if you grabbed me off the street and knocked me out and when I came to welcomed me, but all the same thanks!



I wanted to share with you all this kind of awesome comeback that I had the other day. (yeah, I'm kind of proud of myself, so what?)

Have you all noticed that when you have an illness or disease like, oh I don't know, MS and you tell someone and you see that moment when it hits them that they have no idea what to say to you now? Then this switch flips and it's like "I must throw as many analogies at her as possible" and then you're hit with all of these sentences that make no sense and half don't even pertain to you? Well, this is one I had the other day.

Random Mom at Kids School: Oh, MS huh? Wow. Well, I guess that Forrest Gump was right. Life really is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Me: Well, I mean, I guess if the box of chocolates was the kind filled with the gross goo inside and you knew that every one you bit in to was going to be disgusting and you'll want to put it back in the box but you totally can't, then yeah it's a lot like what I'm going through with MS.

8 comments:

Sammie said...

I can't positively remember how I found your blog, whether through Nadja at Living! with MS or through Linda at Brain Cheese, or somewhere else entirely, but I think you're hilarious. I vaguely remember being funny myself, at some point before MS came along. I'd like to have that funny back! Maybe reading your blog will help me with that. If nothing else it will entertain me and I'm okay with that too!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

Well, I hope that I can help you regain some of your old funny self back but if that's not possible, I'm always happy to be the dancing monkey!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Now I'm scared! There are actually people READING my crap?!?

(Glad to have you aboard the bus...sorry you are a passenger)

Linda D. in Seattle

awb said...

I remember the day I got hit by the short bus, seems like just 21 years ago for me. The MS makes us funny? I should be a riot then, I have that!

Chrystal said...

Every where I go, Tracy is leaving her imperssion in my heart, She is positve, funny, and a true friend, I may not have MS, But I will read whaever she writes. Because I am her STALKER. I just need to be sure she is okay.

~Erin~ said...

Welcome (sorry) to our community. I've lost all my funnies cuz my brain seems to have taken a vaca. I'll lay in bed at night and crack myself up over something I decide I want to blog about, but when the time comes--Hello? Where did it go!
You have a great blog and I'll be back!

Jeri Burtchell (TickledPink) said...

Glad Brain Cheese did a drive by with the short bus to scoop you up. I love the nasty box of unwanted chocolates you can't put back analogy.

I'd have loved to have seen the look on her face.

Hey! My word verification for this comment is "branno". Glad you have it set up to remind me to take my bran this morning, thanks. lol

Nice to meet you and can't wait to go read all the rest of your stuff. *sigh* I sense a time management issue in my near future.

Come visit at http://fty720.blogspot.com

This Crazy Thing Called Motherhood said...

Oh please tell me that you actually said that to that school mom...did you? You are my new hero if you did! I can't stand it when people say stupid things like that.