Sunday, November 30, 2008

The World Is Not Safe For Anyone Right Now!

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Mine was pretty good. It went by quickly though. We couldn't find anyone to watch the Funny Farm animals so we had to make the three hour trip to my mom's on Wednesday and then do the three hour drive back home on Thursday after we had stuffed ourselves to the point of popping.
I don't know why, but long drives seem to kick my butt now. When I was 18, I could pack a duffel bag with a change of clothes and a toothbrush and take a road trip with my best friend without a moments notice.
But when we got home Thursday evening, I felt like I had been in the boxing ring for 12 rounds and lost terribly. I don't think I got out of bed at all on Friday.
It's good that we didn't stay all weekend at my moms like we normally do because she would have talked me in to going shopping on Black Friday like she always does. I don't know how this happens, really. Every year, we get to my moms and I make the declaration "I don't care if you go or not, but I am NOT going shopping on Black Friday!" And then I suddenly find myself in the middle of the mall or WalMart, fighting for my life.
This year I knew that the marathon shopping was not going to happen for me. I'm starting to acknowledge that I have limitations. I don't like them, but I know that they are there. And I know that one of those limitations definately include not going shopping on black Friday.
And after watching the news, I am so glad that I stayed put in my comfy bed!
I know that the people that go shopping on black Friday are looking for great deals but I didn't know that this meant that they would throw aside all of their manners, compassion, empathy, and human decency to do it. And for the love of all that's holy, where is the Christmas Spirit?
Stampedeing over a WalMart Employee? Shootings in a Toys R Us?
It's like they've turned into wild animals!
Can't you just imagine Christmas morning with one of these people?
Gift Recipient: Oh wow, a laptop! Thanks..But I already have a laptop..
Gift Giver/Rabid Animal: Do you know how many people I had to TRAMPLE OVER to get you that laptop? You better smile like you like it!

I am just so glad I didn't go. I would have hate to put dents and scratches all over my brand new scooter by running over these rude people. And I haven't even upgraded my horn yet so the only warning they would have is a tiny little "beep beep" before I plowed them.

This year, I'm sticking to shopping online. How are you all doing it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curse, curse, curse,...
I did the shopping at wal-mart, a fight broke out in the video section, and yes I did not start it.
I did tell a woman off for having her neborn baby out in the cold weather, the baby was 2 days old, I over heard her talking. Stupid people, she started to get mouthy with me and I told her I worked for CPS, well I work for WVBTT, but we are a close nit family us state workers, one phone call and....well she probably would have had nothing done to her, but she doesn't need to know that, does she?
Curse curse curse you.....

Chrystal said...

Can you belive that first comment, I mean come on now, who would write or do such a thing.
still cursing..

BRAINCHEESE said...

I "do" the holiday shopping by pretending it doesn't exist...does the trick every year. LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

Sammie said...

Online shopping absolutely! It's what I did last year and I'd swear by it. Of course, last year I finished most of my shopping in October and this year I haven't bought my first gift and it's (eek) December but then I only aimed for shopping smart not timely....whoops

@whiskey.xray.yoga.zulu said...

I'd really love to do the holiday shopping, I'd even be willing to brave the psychotic crowds! Now if only I could figure out what to buy, where to get it, and how to pay for it...

Nope, too stressed just thinking about it. I'm gonna ignore the holidays with Blindbeard and Braincheese.

Denver Refashionista said...

I am going to keep the shopping very mninmal. I hope to tackle it this sunday and be done with it but how I feel will determine that.

Weeble Girl said...

Tag, you're it if you want to participate. Hope things look up for you soon.
Hugs, Weeble Girl